It's strawberry season! Strawberries are a big hit with my family; so when they're in season we go hard! Between farmer's markets, berry patches, and grocery store sales - that's a lot of strawberries! Below are some of my favorite recipes to use them up!
1. Honey Roasted Strawberry Muffins - This recipe comes from the Dishing up the Dirt cookbook (which i highly recommend if you're interested in seasonal eating + taking advantage of those farmer's market finds), but i found it online for you as well! I love how the whole wheat flour works well here, and doesn't make the muffins too chewy or tough.
2. Spinach & Strawberry Salad with Poppyseed Dressing - My favorite salad this time of year! I often sub the almonds for walnuts, and sub the goat cheese for feta depending on what i have on hand.
3. Rhubarb Crisp - While this recipe actually calls for raspberries, more often than not i come home from farmer's markets with both rhubarb and strawberries in my bag. Thus i've subbed the raspberries for strawberries in this recipe countless times and it's always a big hit. Being vegetarian, i typically sub in regular butter and it turns out just fine.
4. Strawberry Chia Seed Jam - Chia seed jams are my favorite because it's SO EASY! You can easily sub any juicy fruit, but this post is about strawberries so lets stay focused!!!
5. Strawberry Banana "Ice Cream" - Craving ice cream, but not craving the calories? You'll be amazed how yummy a frozen banana can taste after given a whirl in the food processor until it's a creamy ice cream consistency! Anytime bananas are starting to look a little too spotty on our counter i will peel, quarter, place in a sandwich bag, and toss them in the freezer so we always have them on hand! This recipe recommends freezing your strawberries too, but i often use fresh (just make sure your banana is frozen). Rebel!!!
6. Strawberry Salsa - Another one from the Dishing up the Dirt cookbook! The first time i went to make this for my family...i ended up eating it all myself before i told them it was even done. It's that good!
There you have it! I hope you find a new favorite for your household as we have for ours! Have an amazing strawberry recipe of your own? Feel free to share it below in the comments!