Believe it or not, we've reached the last two weeks of May! This week for produce Aldi had strawberries, blueberries, cucumbers, mango, and watermelon all on sale. My total spent was $89.13, bringing my total May food budget to $225.73! Leaving me with $34.27 of my $260 budget in case we want to grab anything fun next week!
Here's what we'll be eating this week:
- Yogurt Parfaits (uses up Aldi sale fruit)
- Oatmeal + mix-ins (strawberries and honey, bananas + peanut butter)
- Everything bagels + avocados
- Sandwiches (use up Aldi sale cucumbers)
- Wraps (hummus, cucumbers, lettuce hopefully from the garden, cheese, etc)
- Watermelon salad with feta & cucumber (uses two Aldi sale produce!)
- Honey Roasted Strawberry Muffins (sale fruit)
- Hummus + cucumbers (sale veg!)
- Maple Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mango Salsa (uses sale fruit) + chips
- Mango Lime Banana "Nice" Cream (sale fruit. we use fresh mango but frozen like the recipe says will also work! You also don't "need" milk if you use a food processor. We make this every year without fail!)
- Avocado & Egg Brown Rice Bowl
- Veggie Black Bean Enchiladas with homemade enchilada sauce
- Broccoli Casserole (repeat meal we love! Lots of rainy days in the forecast next week sounded like a great opportunity for this cozy dinner)
- Breakfast night: Lemon Poppy Seed Oatmeal Pancakes
- Leftover night
I'm in the kitchen a little bit more than last time, as honestly, I'm just really in the mood to cook right now! Sunday and Saturday I will not need to make dinner, and as I've mentioned before week 2 is much more on the fly to ensure I am using up what we have left in the kitchen.
I am getting super excited for the month of June! Aka - when produce starts coming up and farmer's market season here really begins!
Til next time!